Sunday, January 11, 2015

CHOICES, CRITICISM - OBSERVING WITHOUT JUDGEMENT........

In today’s footstep I thought I’d briefly cover criticism and other people…
I am regularly asked how can I handle putting myself out there and opening myself up to other people’s criticism…
Simple, if they think they are right then they are. That’s their choice.
My choice is I think I am right…
I look at what they say and if they are right I decide if I want to change something or not… As even if they are right then I may still not want to change it…
For example, they are attempting to bring in a law in the UK on having to ride Bicycle helmets. They are completely right about this, I have no argument that is valid against it…
But I’ll probably do it wrong and break the law, as I like not wearing them when I ride my bike… My choice, and I accept the consequences…
If I was into mountain biking it would be different, but I like a leisurely ride…
My children, they have to wear their helmets… So this is don’t do what I do, do what I say…My choice again…
It’s my choice, and if I look at it from society’s point of view (which is actually the correct view here) I am completely wrong. And, I accept being wrong… I am allowed to be wrong, I can still be me, and BE WRONG!
Though that all said… I don’t want to wear the helmet, so the rebel in me fights it in various ways… :-)
But back to dealing with the people in life who criticise…
So if a person criticises me here on the site, I do not get emotionally attached. I look to see if there’s a benefit to me, and to you in what they’ve said.
If it is objective then it’s fine, if it’s negative then I’ll remove it. As I cover in the Process, there is no point in negativity, objectivity yes. But negativity is ego based and usually comes from a very unconscious mind.
Now consider for a second, how can I ever be annoyed with someone for saying something when they were asleep? How could I possibly allow what an unconscious person said affect me…
When you know this, and more importantly – Live to this… Then it would obviously be insane to let another affect you… Sure they can catch you off guard, but when you allow your structured thinking to do its stuff… Then sanity is assured.
It is my choice entirely what goes on inside my mind, no one else’s.
The world can say what it want’s but inside my mind, that’s all mine and I will allow all ideas and opinions in to be evaluated in an unemotional way…
But ONLY I will pick and choose what gets to stay.
What this means is that without any effort I can hold many opposing views in my mind without internal conflict. Simply because I can look at them in an unemotional way.
According to F. Scott Fitzgerald, “The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.” 
But all I am doing is observing without judgement and looking for what benefits me. So learning to do this qualifies you to have a first-rate intelligence…
Maybe it’s worth your attention now…
What other people say and think is entirely their business… It is not mine. What they say may be of benefit to me… IF I have time or want to evaluate what they say that is, then it may actually be of benefit to me…
But this is all for me to decide. What others say and do is pretty much nothing to me unless I choose it is… It is more like raw jumbled data, which I sift through to find the gems.
So when dealing with a person you dislike, find irritating, or like… Dealing with anyone in fact, then the thing to ALWAYS consider is, why has this person been sent here to me now?
They are there for a reason as that is the way the Universe works. The reason though could be all sorts of things…
For example, it could be that…
They are there to help you practice letting go of what they say.
They could be there so you can practice evaluating what they say and finding if there are any benefits for you in their opinion.
They may be there to slow you down and make you think.
They may be there to give you a piece of advice about something you are going to be doing in a few days or weeks time…
…Because they may be an expert at some obscure subject and so their opinion is not opinion but counsel… And in a few weeks time you are going to be faced with a decision and thanks to this counsel you’ve just been given you are able to make the correct decision… Because your subconscious mind knew you needed this bit of counsel to make sure you went the right way when the decision came up…
Phew… we went a little quantum there for a second…
The point is the person is there for a reason, and it’s our job to extract the reason, or just consider possible reasons if we choose to…
Mainly they are there for practice at raising our level of consciousness…
So I ask you again, how can I be angry at an unconscious person who is helping me raise my level of consciousness…
So today I’d like you to consider all the people you meet or bump into, or affect you in anyway…
They are there to help and teach you in someway
You are the creator of your world…
So you are creating these lessons…
If you learn them, then you raise your level of consciousness… If you fail to learn them, then the lessons will need to be repeated :-)
What lessons have you asked to be sent to you today?
Have fun with that one, there’s a fair few ‘depth charges’ in there for you :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment