Friday, September 25, 2015

Gabriel Sencial Blurb on his Painting - 2015

My paintings are about space, form and energy. I generally start painting without preconceived notions as to the final outcome and build space through a series of constructions and deconstruction's.  Cutting into the picture plane The paintings begins with a loose set of limitations and directives. I work with abstract concepts and ideas in mind, artistic, scientific plus technical . I then paint freely, gradually narrowing my focus and zeroing in on a composition that depicts a solid structure, intriguing space and a spontaneity of design. I am interested in complex spatial relationships that lead to a feeling of a comprehensive whole which has energy and a life of it's own. I am also interested in linear movement and visual paradoxes. I do a great deal of my composing on the canvas and never know what I will end up with until I am done. For me painting is an act of discovery

No comments:

Post a Comment